plain text / new button

Last post 12-02-2004, 1:45 PM by Adam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-02-2004, 5:36 AM 2781

plain text / new button

Hi Adam,

after working a couple of hours wirth CuteEditor for ASP i guess this is the product i´ve searched for. There are only two questions left.

1) Is is possible to enter plain text by the editor. I´ve often to integrate asp-code in my html-documents. The editor translates my entrys to html and the code doesn´t work. E.g. <% response.end %> should be a valid entry when i have to transfer to a asp-coded site from my contend-management-system. It isn´t nessesary to mix html tags with asp-code, if it is easier.

2) I changed your demo-script todatabase.asp to allow new entrys to the base and update existing ones. In this case, when i use the new button in get a refresh but the editor rewrite the old values to the fields. I created a session-variable to eleminate this failure in my script but there is no way to reset the variable by the new-button. The button ist driven by java-script and i found no way to include a session("variable") = "" tag.

yours Ralph
  •  12-02-2004, 1:45 PM 2795 in reply to 2781

Re: plain text / new button

Ralph,

Glad to know you like our product.

1) Is is possible to enter plain text by the editor. I´ve often to integrate asp-code in my html-documents. The editor translates my entrys to html and the code doesn´t work. E.g. <% response.end %> should be a valid entry when i have to transfer to a asp-coded site from my contend-management-system. It isn´t nessesary to mix html tags with asp-code, if it is easier.

I underdand. But right now you can't use Cute Editor edit the server side tags.

2) I changed your demo-script todatabase.asp to allow new entrys to the base and update existing ones. In this case, when i use the new button in get a refresh but the editor rewrite the old values to the fields. I created a session-variable to eleminate this failure in my script but there is no way to reset the variable by the new-button. The button ist driven by java-script and i found no way to include a session("variable") = "" tag.

Can you post your code here? Please use the text area

View as RSS news feed in XML