Editor steals focus and ensures visibility on a webpage with a large height, can this behaviour be overridden?

Last post 12-03-2008, 4:57 AM by james_t. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-02-2008, 5:56 PM 46491

Editor steals focus and ensures visibility on a webpage with a large height, can this behaviour be overridden?

I'm trying to use the editor component (v6.1.0.0) as part of an online product management tool. The product description is quite complex and has many options that stretches into a lengthy webpage - It is possible that the editor can scroll off the screen. The webpage uses asp.net 3.5 ajax update panels which the editor is embedded within. Everything works OK until I perform an asyncronous call from elsewhere on the page - The editor always refreshes and scrolls the webpage so that top of the editor always remains visible on screen.

Is there any way to stop this scrolling behaviour, allowing asp.net to retain the MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback position? I've tried setting the Focus property to false on the editor but it doesnt make a difference.

The scrolling behaviour effects the user freindliness of the overall page.
  •  12-02-2008, 9:05 PM 46493 in reply to 46491

Re: Editor steals focus and ensures visibility on a webpage with a large height, can this behaviour be overridden?

Hi,

We have a customer has this issue before.

Now we think we have fixed that issue.

Please download the last version and try again.

Regards,
    Terry

•  12-03-2008, 4:57 AM 46503 in reply to 46493

Re: Editor steals focus and ensures visibility on a webpage with a large height, can this behaviour be overridden?

I've downloaded the latest version from 11/27/2008 and this is issue is now better handled, thank you for the advice.

It would be nice if the browser window didn't flicker i.e. On performing a postback the scroll bar goes to the top of the screen for an instant and is then finally reset back to the original position. While this is going on it also seems to redraw the editor window.
    Is this completely necessary or is it by design?

View as RSS news feed in XML