No Request Files

Last post 01-24-2010, 2:58 AM by Washogren. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-18-2009, 5:02 PM 57835

No Request Files

Hello Again, I found a fix to my last issue, but i found a new one :(

The issue is, when I upload files from the machine locally or remotely, about 990 MB through the file, I get the following error.

Server Side Exception : Failed to upload testfile.GHO

Debug Information:

System.Exception: No Request Files!
       at CuteWebUI.UploadModule.HandleAddonUpload(HttpContext.context) 

Do you have any idea why this error is occurring now?

Thanks,
    W. Andrew Shogren 
  •  12-20-2009, 10:16 PM 57853 in reply to 57835

Re: No Request Files

Andrew,

Can you try the last version ?

I think you are using a old version which has bug on this condition.

Regards,
    Terry

•  12-21-2009, 12:07 PM 57876 in reply to 57853

I updated to the most recent version (12-20-2009) and now I get this error

Server side exception : failed to upload testgho.gho

Debug Information:

System.Exception: No Request Files! Content-Length: 3146308
       at CuteWebUI.UploadModule.a(HttpContext A_0, Guid A_1)

Thanks,
    W. Andrew Shogren 

P.S.
    I'd like to see if we can figure this out as soon as possible. I've been having an issue with the uploader for some time now, and would just love to see it fixed!
  •  12-21-2009, 10:50 PM 57888 in reply to 57876

Andrew,

This error means the ASP.NET can't parse the http posted data to Forms/Files collection.

--

Please try UploadType=Flash and UploadType=Silverlight

Now I guess that is a bug when use Silverlight to upload files.

--

Is your website using Medium trust level ? or are you using CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.UseAspNetStream ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-22-2009, 11:38 PM 57903 in reply to 57888

I tried both, and neither worked. When I used flash I got the Error 

Flash: The Upload Task was Interrupted! io 2038

When I used silverlight, I got the same error as posted earlier

Also, as far as I know, the account from which the uploading is happening from has full trust, and I am not using the AspNetStream.

All web.config configs are set up, and I even made the max kb per request larger in an attempt to fix the issue.

Tomorrow I will double check on the Trust Level, but I do believe that it has full trust.
  •  12-25-2009, 10:37 PM 57937 in reply to 57903

Andrew,

Can you test more PC and browsers ?

Need to check where cause this issue, server or client.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-28-2009, 4:14 PM 57954 in reply to 57937

I am pretty sure that the issue is in the server. I tested in Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari on various different computers. One running XP, another running Server, another running Windows 7.

Are there any settings that the server may have that would be preventing the file from being uploaded (keeping in mind that the files range from 800 MBs to 2 GBs).  

I've set all values in your documentation on getting started, as well as modified the amount of time before a single request times out.

• Set MaxRequestEntityAllowed
    • Set TempDirectory
    • Set MaxFileSizeKB
    • Set  maxRequestLength
    • Set executionTimeout
    I've noticed that files under ~800 MBs upload fine, but after that, they seem to stall and the process is interrupted.

I've also noticed that (usually) just before it throws an error, the upload progress bar seems to hang for 1-2 seconds, maybe once or twice before the whole thing hangs.

Could it be that the server is running out of Memory?

Also, I've noticed that no files appear in my temp directory while I am uploading a file. (My temp directory is in E:\UploaderTemp)
     Is this a normal thing, or could this be related? (for example, is it trying to upload it all into memory, rather then reading it into a file like it seems it should?)

Anyway, thanks for the help, and I hope we can figure this out :)

W. Andrew Shogren 
  •  12-30-2009, 5:59 PM 57998 in reply to 57954

Andrew,

If you are using ASP.NET 1.1 , you'd better check the server memory while uploading.

If you upload a file larger then 800M , is the error show after the progress reach 800M ?

Regards,
    Terry

•  01-12-2010, 6:11 PM 58130 in reply to 57998

Sorry for the long response time. Things got very busy and pulled me away from this project temporarily. 

While watching the available server memory(via task manager) during a flash upload, the amount bounces back and forth (as I would expect it to) while maintaining approx. the same amount of available memory. 
     The main thing that I have noticed is that (in general) it hangs after ~800 MB, that is not a set number, and sometimes it will upload fine, and others it will fail earlier, or later, then 800 MB. 

We are using ASP.NET 2.0.50727 with IIS v6 on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 with 3 GB of RAM.

Just found something related to File Uploading with Silverlight. The error message that silverlight reports states that the content-length of the file is ~ 3GB, whereas the file I am uploading is only 2000 MB. Is it possible that this may be causing the upload to fail? (as it seems that the content length is adding on ~1000 MB to the overall size of the file - or am I misinterpreting the debug?)
  •  01-12-2010, 11:33 PM 58134 in reply to 58130

Hi,

How about create an empty website on the server , and test the uploader independently ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  01-13-2010, 5:30 PM 58150 in reply to 58134

Currently the server is down for scheduled downtime. When it is back up I will try that.
  •  01-24-2010, 2:58 AM 58315 in reply to 58150

Works Fine under a new WebSite.

Not sure what the original issue was/is, but seems to work fine now. Thanks,

W. Andrew Shogren
View as RSS news feed in XML