"Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : "

Last post 02-19-2010, 12:05 AM by cutechat. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-29-2010, 7:15 AM 58434

"Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : "

Hello.

I have implemented the ajax uploader on the comersial website that me and my collegues are developing.
    It has been working great with some exceptions.

Exception 1 was a user on win xp IE 7 that did not have permission to install flash/silverlight plugins due to company policy. This resulted in a permissions failure instead of fallback to single file Iframe upload.

Exception 2 was a user on win 2K IE 6 behind a internal proxy. The user chooses a file to upload, the client waits without any visible uploadprogress and then presents a javascript alert
    with the text "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : ...". A interesting detail is also that the directory that is refered to is a directory on the fileserver and not on the webserver. This leads me to think that it's actualy our webserver that can not access the file and delivers the error message as a result to the uploader control. What pussels me is ofcourse why this particular user gets the error. No one else seems to have problems reguardless of proxys..

We, on developement, and the customer's own tech-department solved exception 1 by installing flash on the users comp. This is not really an issue merely a concern of interest for us at the time. Exception 2 is more of a hot potatoe due to that we claim to support IE 6 and we are concerned that we in actuality don't support IE 6 due to this problem.
  •  01-29-2010, 9:30 PM 58449 in reply to 58434

Re: "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory : "

Hi,

Do you mean at server side you set the TempDirectory to \\fileserver\folder ?

Do you know what addon the IE6 use ? Flash/Silverlight or IFrame?

Do your application use windows authentication ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  02-01-2010, 2:18 AM 58467 in reply to 58449

Yes. I set the TempDirectory at server side. And yes, I set it to \\fileserver\folder. And it is the same path that the client alert is complaining over not being able to find the uploaded file in. I think this odd 'cous the webserver is putting the file in a folder on the fileserver and the client should not be trying to access it.
     This works for all our other users currently using the uploader.

I can not be serten about that from the ifno I was able to squeeze from user. Sorry. But from the tests I've done on IE 6 I would say that IFrame (single file) is what IE 6 will render and further more I did get a screenshot from user and it kind of does look like IFrame (how ever they do look similar and the IE 6 does change look of the site in general from later versions of browser).
    So, conclution: probably IFrame.

No. The website uses sql authentication for user login.

Regards Dizz
  •  02-19-2010, 12:05 AM 58827 in reply to 58467

Dizz,

Are you still able to reproduce this problem ?

Do you have online page so we can test it ?

Regards,
    Terry

View as RSS news feed in XML