Problem in User Adapter Type

Last post 04-20-2005, 1:00 PM by Anonymous. 15 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-18-2005, 6:18 AM 5811

Problem in User Adapter Type

Step 4: Load and save the Cute Chat configuration file to the database

Open the Tools/CuteChatConfig.exe. Type in the connection string, then click the load button. 

In the User Adapter Type and Data Provider Type fields, you need to specify the full type name of the provider and the name of the assembly containing the provider implementation.

Then click the "Save the configuration to the database" button.

In this Step what is user adapter type and data provider type. For suppose I have the server abc and its password is xyz. Now how can i set this connection. Is it necessary to copy configuration tool.exe in my project. What's the use of it?

Regards,
    Ghazala
  •  04-18-2005, 2:56 PM 5834 in reply to 5811

Re: Problem in User Adapter Type

is there anyone who can answer my question. Iam waiting for the reply to proceed further.

•  04-19-2005, 2:16 AM 5864 in reply to 5834

Can any one explain me User Adapter Type and etc? What's the use of Tools? Every other post is replied except my post. Please answer the questions I am really stuck with this software.

One More thing we have the licenced version of cutechat 1.1 if cute chat2.0  worked with our program do we need to buy a new licence but first how can i make it work.

We have database on other server and program on other server.

Please HELP

Regards,
    Ghazala

•  04-19-2005, 7:36 AM 5875 in reply to 5864

Hi,

Connection string should be like this:

server=sqlservername;database=sqldatabasename;uid=sqlusername;pwd=sqlpassword;

sqlservername may be sqlIPaddress, depends upon sql server and network setup.

You may (at least in the standalone version) also need to update ConnectionString and CuteChat.SqlClient.ConnectionString values in your web.config file.

•  04-19-2005, 7:39 AM 5876 in reply to 5875

You don't need to copy .exe file to your web. Don't forget to load import-this.xml from the tool.

BTW, there's a readme.txt in the package.

•  04-19-2005, 7:59 AM 5878 in reply to 5876

Ofcourse i have read the readme file. If I run the application on a pc that have sql server with sa and no pasword it works fine.

But when i run the application on the network that have sql server on a seprate machine and application on a seprate machine then it get fails and give me following error.

Server Error in '/SamplePortal' Application.

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

Line 56: 			
    Line 57: 		}
    Line 58: 		if( ChatWebUtility.CurrentIdentity.IsRegistered && ChatWebUtility.Api.IsAdministrator(ChatWebUtility.CurrentIdentity.UniqueName))
    Line 59: 			temp += "<a Class=\"menuTextLink\" href='CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/Admin'>Chat Admin</a>";			
    Line 60: 		WelcomeMessage.Text = temp;

Source File: D:\SamplePortal\Web\TopBanner.ascx    Line: 58

Now how can I resolve this. Server connection settigns you told me all are tested but they didn't work so i post the mail.

Regards,
    Ghazala
  •  04-19-2005, 8:29 AM 5879 in reply to 5878

Did you grant db owner rights to your uid?

Anyway, "SQL Server does not exist or access denied" means it's a problem of uid, pass, servername or whatever, but not of Cute chat.

Try the following:

Create a test.udl file on your desktop. Double-click it. Go to Provider tab. Select "Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL Server", then click "Next". Check "Allow saving password". Play filling the fields until you get "Test connection successful" when clicking "Test connection". Then click OK. Then open test.udl with notepad and you will see everything you need.

Hope it will help.

•  04-19-2005, 9:57 AM 5884 in reply to 5879

is it possible that there maybe a bug in the new version ? i am getting the same error messages too

•  04-19-2005, 10:15 AM 5885 in reply to 5884

No.

Anyone, who pretends to be a system admin must know what is SQL server, SQL database and how to connect to it.

P.S. I don't belong to CuteSoft support team. Just a user, who cannot control himself when the answer is so obvious.

Best regards.

•  04-19-2005, 10:56 AM 5890 in reply to 5811

Ghazala :

the DataProviderType and the UserAdapterType specify the class name for intergration .
    In ver1.1 , the settings is write on the web.config .

Now we move them to the database .

The CuteChatConfig.exe is just for setting these settings . 
    Regards , Terry .
  •  04-19-2005, 12:38 PM 5903 in reply to 5890

Terry,

I have tried every thing you guys are telling me on this post. I created the udl file copied the url from there paste it in your exe file. did every thing a developer can do. But the line in the step 4 that

"In the User Adapter Type and Data Provider Type fields, you need to specify the full type name of the provider and the name of the assembly containing the provider implementation"

made me confused that i am missing something. I checked the users roles too to corrrect the sql server problem.  I think the above point is not a problem. Hope it will get solve. If i want to specify DataProviderType and the UserAdapterType by myself what should i need to mention over here. Import.xml don't have anything about their values.
    Regards,
    Ghazala
  •  04-19-2005, 12:42 PM 5905 in reply to 5903

Data provider has the value "SamplePortal.CuteChatIntegration.DataProvider,Sampleportal"

•  04-19-2005, 12:46 PM 5906 in reply to 5885

the answer is obvious to who ?

you're wrong Ib, i think it;s simply bad coding. look at the folder structures of that thing, they got files all over the place. i left the web.config untouched, they probably hard-coded sampledata as the db/virtual name in there. what's so hard about a sql connection seeting ? it's just a uid and a pass. when i changed the db/virtual names. i got something, but i don't want to use sampleportal when i go live.

I also hate the way cutesoft adds files all over inside those cute_* folders. i have never seen anything like this before
  •  04-19-2005, 1:17 PM 5909 in reply to 5906

When there's exception "SQL Server does not exist or access denied." , It's all because the connection string is not configurated correctly .

odonel do you get problem on configuring the connection string ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the DataProviderType , UserAdapterType ,
    Please check the SamplePortal\Web\CuteChatIntegration\DataProvider.cs
    It's a example to write the custom data provider :

SamplePortal\Web\CuteChatIntegration\DataProvider.cs
    namespace SamplePortal.CuteChatIntegration
    {
       public class DataProvider : CuteSoft.Chat.DataProvider
       {
       }
    }

Now , the class name is SamplePortal.CuteChatIntegration.DataProvider , and the project generate the SamplePortal.dll ,

So in the CuteChatConfig.exe , the DataProviderType should be :
    "SamplePortal.CuteChatIntegration.DataProvider,SamplePortal"

Regards , Terry .
  •  04-19-2005, 3:20 PM 5923 in reply to 5909

i had problems when i named my db and my virtual cute.
  •  04-20-2005, 1:00 PM 5973 in reply to 5923

Atlast it worked. I did nothing. Just opened my PC at work and run the application and it worked. I am still amazed why it didn't work at the first place.

Now I have some other questions to disturb you all . Thanx alot all you helped me so much to solve this problem.

Regards,
    Ghazala
View as RSS news feed in XML