Multiple File Upload Hangs

Last post 06-29-2010, 4:22 AM by cutechat. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-22-2010, 5:30 AM 61929

Multiple File Upload Hangs

I've just installed the latest trial version of the AjaxUploader and have noticed that locally it works fine, however when I add it to our production server (Win2003, IIS 6.0) it starts uploading fine however when it gets to next file in the selection (i'm only uploading 4 files) it seems to start downloading but then it just hangs, where the progress bar stops is completely random.

Has anyone come across an issue like this before, I've tried the example one of this site and it flies. This is a dedicated server environment, which is part of a load balanced solution however for file uploads we force users to stay on one server.

If you need me to provide any more information, let me know what information you want to see.
    • MultipleFilesUpload = TRUE
    • MaxFilesLimit = 4
    • UploadType = AUTO
    Thanks
  •  06-22-2010, 5:52 AM 61931 in reply to 61929

Re: Multiple File Upload Hangs

Sorry the error message that shows is:-

Silverlight: The upload task is interrupted!
    WebException :
    UnknownError,[HttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]  
    Arguments: NotFound
    Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. 
  •  06-28-2010, 1:26 AM 62032 in reply to 61931

Hi PdQ,

Try set TempDirectory to a folder which your site have write/read permisson and try again.

<CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments ID="attachment1" runat="server"  TempDirectory="~/photos" >
             </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>

Regards,

ken
  •  06-29-2010, 4:22 AM 62065 in reply to 61929

Hi,

The default configuration is not fit for load balancing.

You need do more for your server.

There's two solution for load balancing:

1 - set temp directory to a shared server , for example , \\sharedserver\sharefolder

2 - use database provider to store the temp files into SqlServer

your server may throw another error , but Silverlight can't catch it. you can check the SYSTEM EVENT for more

Regards,
    Terry

View as RSS news feed in XML