Issue with uploading files located on internal network

Last post 12-22-2011, 1:49 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-15-2011, 1:32 PM 72033

Issue with uploading files located on internal network

Good Afternoon,

I've found that some of our user's are experiencing issues when they attempt to upload documents located on their internal network rather than locally on their computer.  I'm unsure on if this is a rights issue and Ajax Uploader is unable to properly gain access to the files because of this but the error they receive is:

"Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation"

However, once they move the file locally to their machine they are able to properly upload the file.  Any idea on what could cause this?  Thank you very much. 
  •  12-16-2011, 6:14 AM 72045 in reply to 72033

Re: Issue with uploading files located on internal network

Hi nunndaddy,

Try set  EnableEventValidation="false" on the uploader page

<%@ Page Language="C#" EnableEventValidation="false" %> 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-16-2011, 8:00 AM 72049 in reply to 72045

Good Morning Ken,

Wouldn't setting that option to false open up a security hole with the set as the EnableEventValidation:

When the EnableEventValidation property is set to true, ASP.NET validates that a control event originated from the user interface that was rendered by that control.   

Why would this property matter for files located on the network for users?

Best Regards,
    Corey 
  •  12-20-2011, 7:12 AM 72371 in reply to 72049

Any other thoughts on this?
  •  12-22-2011, 1:49 PM 72412 in reply to 72371

I was able to re-create this issue today when the upload control didn't render using Silverlight or Flash.  I believe it was the iFrames mode.
View as RSS news feed in XML