Inserting images and linking that image to a url from a nested cute editor window. MVC .NET

Last post 10-12-2012, 8:09 AM by artsaliva. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-11-2012, 12:19 PM 74963

Inserting images and linking that image to a url from a nested cute editor window. MVC .NET

I am trying to add an "Insert Link" icon to a cute editor and when I click the icon the "add link" window shows behind the cute editor window and it is not active. I have to close the cute editor window to get to the "Insert Link" window behind it. This is the scenario:  I have an AJAX rendered view which has a partialy rendered cute editor inside it. There is already javascript code that allows me to have a "right click" menu item called "Dynamic content => create" (in this case being used upon highlighting text) which, upon clicking it, pops up a javascript created Dynamic content editor window(view) in which I can select the dynamic parameters and then click an add icon that in turn opens another view in which there is another cute editor plus whatever dynamic choices were requested by the previous window choice of parameter categories, for example female/male. In the new view window I can then click the image icon and download an image to be inserted. Then I would click on the image and click the "Insert Link" icon to add a url link to it, lets say for women to navigate. Then Im supposed to get this "Insert Link" window from cute editor and set the src attribute with my url. Upon returning from setting the url I am supposed to then be able to chose male and repeat the process so that men can navigate to a different url. Well when I click that "Insert Link" icon the window appears behind my Dynamic content window and everything behind that Dynamic content window appears shadowed in a soft blue like it is inactive. I cannot click and activate anything behind my Dynamic content window. Only after exiting the Dynamic content window can I then enter the "Insert Link" window and work. By then it is too late, it is no longer tied to its originator. Is it because I am missing a directive to have that "Insert Link" icon point to its parent? or is it a z-index problem? I have code behind for both cute editors but in both of them the "Insert Link" icon is placed on the editor by using the config file. The "Insert Link" icon works fine in the first editor, but it is not dynamic. I need to enter the dynamic content window in order to then build the link. I am sorry I cannot post any code.  
  •  10-11-2012, 2:04 PM 74964 in reply to 74963

Re: Inserting images and linking that image to a url from a nested cute editor window. MVC .NET

Hi artsaliva ,

Please try the way below.

1. Open file "\CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Scripts\Constant.js"

2. Find section below

editorconstant.DialogZIndex=8888; 

3. Change it to a large value which large then your other controls. 

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-12-2012, 8:09 AM 74969 in reply to 74964

Re: Inserting images and linking that image to a url from a nested cute editor window. MVC .NET

Thank you Ken. I found this fix(yesterday) that Adam gave to thomas: 

Editor.UseStandardDialog Property => set this property to true

View as RSS news feed in XML