What License do I need?

Last post 10-13-2005, 4:13 PM by dmbrubac. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-12-2005, 7:26 PM 11687

What License do I need?

This seems to be a common refrain

I have 15+ DNN sites on 2 IP addresses and two boxes, but will continue to grow sites and IPs. Each site has a different domain name. Additionally, I have two development servers, both on the same domain.

Which is the most cost effective license that will let me run CuteEditor on 4 to 10 seperate machines with who knows how many IPs and domain names?

My guess is Small Business, but it appears to only get me to 10 domains. The Redistributor License seems a better fit for boxes/domains but I'm not actually selling a product with CE embedded within it.

Also, what are your CAD prices because I'm only a couple hrs down the 401 from you.
    Thanks!
  •  10-13-2005, 9:33 AM 11696 in reply to 11689

Re: Are you a hosting company?

Thanks for the info Karen.

I do host DNN portals, but that is not my main business. The DNN portals are part of a much larger suite of services - I won't host a portal for you if you aren't purchasng the other services too. I also host a non-commercial site out of my own pocket (that site will actually make the most use of CE, since it has a busy forum). Most if not all of the CE use on the other sites will be by me or the site admin.

One of my development 'servers' is actually my notebook using DHCP, so an IP license won't work for it. I also often join other networks with it so a domain license is difficult too. I guess I need a CPU license for the notebook (I know it doesn't exist), a Domain license for my dev. server and IP license for each public server using CE. BTW is localhost not included in the single domain?

This seems a bit steep for the notebook since I am the only developer!
  •  10-13-2005, 10:31 AM 11697 in reply to 11696

OK, after more study it looks like an IP license and a Domain license will do the trick.

The IP license on my public server (and I buy more IP licenses as my IP/Server usage increases) and the domain license on my dev server AND on my notebook as long as I access all sites on my notebook through localhost and don't use the dev server and notebook instances simultaneously.

Does this sound right?
  •  10-13-2005, 4:13 PM 11712 in reply to 11706

No questions - Thanks

You will be receiving my order soon!
View as RSS news feed in XML