postback for dropdown

Last post 12-02-2004, 12:31 PM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-01-2004, 10:41 PM 2777

postback for dropdown

I added the following dropdown to the toolbar...

<itemtype="dropdown"name="MailMergeFields"RenderItemBorder="true"text="Mail Merge"postback="True"command="InsertMailMerge"/>
    itemtype="dropdown"name="MailMergeFields"RenderItemBorder="true"text="Mail Merge"postback="True"command="InsertMailMerge"/>

...and need to capture the command in postback. Currently I get a message: Command 'InsertMailMerge' Is Not Supported Or Implemented. I had a look at the How To, but I'm still not clear on what I need to do.

What steps do I need to take to make this work? So far all I have in the codebehind is the following:

PrivateSub Editor_PostBackCommand(ByVal sender AsObject, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventArgs) Handles Editor.PostBackCommand

IfString.Compare(e.CommandName, "InsertMailMerge", True) = 0 Then

Sub Editor_PostBackCommand(ByVal sender AsObject, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventArgs) Handles Editor.PostBackCommand

EndIf

EndIf
    EndSub
    EndSub

Thanks
    LB

<itemtype="dropdown"name="MailMergeFields"RenderItemBorder="true"text="Mail Merge"postback="True"command="InsertMailMerge"/>
    itemtype="dropdown"name="MailMergeFields"RenderItemBorder="true"text="Mail Merge"postback="True"command="InsertMailMerge"/>

...and need to capture the command in postback. Currently I get a message: Command 'InsertMailMerge' Is Not Supported Or Implemented. I had a look at the How To, but I'm still not clear on what I need to do.

What steps do I need to take to make this work? So far all I have in the codebehind is the following:

PrivateSub Editor_PostBackCommand(ByVal sender AsObject, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventArgs) Handles Editor.PostBackCommand

Sub Editor_PostBackCommand(ByVal sender AsObject, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.CommandEventArgs) Handles Editor.PostBackCommand

EndIf

EndIf
    EndSub
    EndSub

Thanks
    LB
  •  12-02-2004, 12:31 PM 2793 in reply to 2777

Re: postback for dropdown

LB:

please use this command: 
    command="PostBack"

and then ,
    the e.CommandName would be the selected-value of the dropdown .

Regards , Terry .
View as RSS news feed in XML