Operation could destabilize the runtime

Last post 09-13-2007, 2:45 AM by RichardLaw. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-09-2007, 6:03 AM 33386

Operation could destabilize the runtime

Hi

I thought I’d finished my web site – all working fine locally. But when I uploaded it to live, I get the error ‘Operation could destabilize the runtime’ when I try and enter a room.

I’m using Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0 and build 3.1 of the cuteChat (standalone)

Please help asap, as the project was due to be completed last week.

Many thanks
    Richard

•  09-13-2007, 2:45 AM 33521 in reply to 33485

Re: Operation could destabilize the runtime

Hi

I’ve been working with the guys from my hosting company to try and find out which parts of the custom medium trust are causing the error. This morning I received this mail which explains the problem:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Richard,
    I have been doing some testing with this - I did find that the default Medium Trust policy file does not throw the error, so I worked to find what in the custom Medium Trust policy file was causing the error.

I found that any trust policy (apart from "Full" which uses an internal policy) which allows Reflection causes the error - simply adding the following information to the Medium Trust policy file demonstrates this:

SecurityClass Name="ReflectionPermission" Description="System.Security.Permissions.ReflectionPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"

IPermission class="ReflectionPermission" version="1" Unrestricted="true"

If you take this information to the developer I am sure they will be able to reproduce the problem and correct it, since allowing Reflection will not cause errors like these - it has to be something in the code.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the next big question is: is there anything you can do to help?

Many thanks
    Richard
View as RSS news feed in XML