Issue with Chat Admin console

Last post 08-26-2009, 4:13 AM by cutechat. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-20-2009, 2:00 AM 54841

Issue with Chat Admin console

Hi Adam,

I have integrated Cute chat's standalone integration in our site. We have two different websites running one for CMS ( admin ) & other the user site. I have integrated cute chat's admin interface in our site's CMS. Also the user site has the Chat & Web Messenger Integrated (but without the Chat admin part) . Now the issue I am facing when from Chat Admin in CMS  if I turn off the upper banners and adverts to stop displaying on the Chat or messenger , the same is not reflecting on the User site. Although I can see the values getting updated in Database. So my question is does the Chat instance on user site's reads the value from the Database or the cache version of the Chat object.  Because same when I run in my local environment the changes will get reflected only after I do a iisreset.

The sample portal has both admin & chat interface in one place.  So is it because I am running two different instance of Chat one for Admin & other for User site, which is causing the problem?

If so is there any workaround for this so that the Chat instance on my User site reads updated values from the DB? Please suggest me some solution because I can't put the Chat admin in my user site, it has to run in CMS itself.

Regards,
    DJ
    Filed under:
  •  08-24-2009, 2:07 AM 54941 in reply to 54841

Re: Issue with Chat Admin console

Hi Adam,

Any update on this issue? Please suggest me some alternative way to get this working.

Cheers,
    DJ
  •  08-24-2009, 9:26 PM 54988 in reply to 54841

DJ,

Can you explain more about the 'tow instance' ??

How do you depoy the CuteChat ?

--

CuteChat is not a database driven application.

All runtime data is stored in memory , and database is just for persist the settings.

So if you have two or more processes running the CuteChat, it may have wrong behavior.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  08-25-2009, 4:32 AM 55004 in reply to 54988

Hi Terry,

We have one website which is running our CMS and then there is one for User website. Both run on same database , the Chat application is deployed at both end where on CMS it has only admin console related files like ChatAdmin, Lanaguages & Images folder alongwith the Chat provider files. User site has all Chat files including Chat provider except for admin console files. So my question is both website use seaparate Global.asax file to intialize Chat instance.

So is there any way I can reload the Chat instance which is created on User site, when any updates are done from CMS ( Admin console)?

Regards,
    DJ
  •  08-25-2009, 9:39 AM 55018 in reply to 55004

DJ,

How many 'user side' your CMS has ?

Regards,
    Terry

•  08-26-2009, 1:44 AM 55053 in reply to 55018

Hi Terry,

We have only one user site & one CMS. Its the  CMS where chat admin console is running & on user site we have the Chat rooms & Web messenger configured.

Regards,
    DJ
  •  08-26-2009, 4:13 AM 55057 in reply to 55053

DJ,

I suggest you embed the chat-admin-console of the user-side.

Do not put the chat-admin-console to CMS .

--

Otherwise you can do this way :

1 - download the last version (We just add a new API for this issue)

2 - in your CMS , you can embed a file :
      <script src=http://myuserside/resetchat.aspx></script>

3 - in the resetchat.aspx , execute :
        CuteChat.ChatSystem.Instance.GetCurrentPortal().ResetInfo();

the ResetInfo force the portal load configuration again. (but not lobbies)

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML