Only show certain images from folder

Last post 02-18-2010, 5:59 AM by algoralat. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-02-2010, 3:59 PM 58494

Only show certain images from folder

Hi,

I have a issue where I want to only show certain images from one folder. Are there some way to implement this?
    As it is now all the images in the folder are shown. I want to give the server control a list of handpicked images to be shown. Is it possible?

Regards
    Zang
  •  02-03-2010, 1:55 AM 58498 in reply to 58494

Re: Only show certain images from folder

Hi Zang,

Do you mean you want to show images by category not the whole album?

If so, please send a mail to [email protected], I will provide a solution to you.

If not, please explain your requirement in detail. I will create the example for you.

Regards,

ken
  •  02-03-2010, 6:50 AM 58502 in reply to 58498

Hi Ken!

Thanks for you quick answer.

Let me put it this way: I have a folder named X which contains images named A.jpg, B.jpg, C.jpg.... Z.jpg.

In normal way you assign the path of folder X to the gallery control in order to show those images. Suppose that I want to only show image A .jpg - D.jpeg from that folder without the need to creating another folders or categories. How can I manage that?

The reason is that I have several users in my webapp and each user is able to upload images from their account. Now i dont want to create a folder for each member to store the images. What I want to achieve is that all images uploaded by the members are e.g stored in one folder and using a database to store which images that belongs to which member. So when a member logs in, his uploaded images will be loaded from that folder X instead for all the images.

Is it possible to achieve in some way?
  •  02-04-2010, 3:31 AM 58525 in reply to 58502

Anyone got any ideas?
  •  02-08-2010, 12:29 AM 58572 in reply to 58525

Hi Zang ,

We will add this new function in the future version.

For now, the best way is create sub-folder for each user.

Regards,

Ken

•  02-08-2010, 10:08 AM 58579 in reply to 58572

Dear Kenneth,

When may this new version be available?
View as RSS news feed in XML