MPEG video insert problem in Internet Explorer

Last post 06-30-2010, 7:11 AM by craig_b. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-29-2010, 5:33 AM 62067

MPEG video insert problem in Internet Explorer

Using CuteEditor to upload mpeg files and depending if i use Firefox or Internet Explorer the source code produced is different.

If i upload files with Firefox it adds the following code that allows the video to work.

<param name="FileName" value="http://test.co.uk/media_store/test.mpg"/>

If i upload files with Internet Explorer it doesn't add this code and the mpeg file is mssing when you view the page.

Any idea why? 

•  06-30-2010, 7:11 AM 62127 in reply to 62067

Re: video insert problem in Internet Explorer 6

I'm experiencing the same problem when using the 'insert media' button, although for me the problem only occurs with IE6 -- but it does affect all video file types, not just MPEG.

I've found that when using Cute Editor in IE6, sometimes the necessary <param> tags are generated by Cute Editor, but sometimes they are not (seemingly at random), and switching between Normal > HTML > Preview views before the form is submitted also immediately removes the <param> tags and prevents a video from displaying in IE. When using Cute Editor in IE7 or Firefox the tags are generated and retained as expected.

I can't recreate the problem on the Cute Editor demo page, but we are using much larger video files (eg. 2MB) than the tiny 'clock 'example AVI made available here -- don't know if this would make any difference?

Is this a bug, or a configuration issue? I've checked my configuration settings and can't find anything that would affect <param> tags between browsers in this way -- but any advice would be appreciated.
View as RSS news feed in XML