Repeating drop downs

Last post 08-08-2010, 7:04 PM by fredd. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-05-2010, 6:37 PM 63143

Repeating drop downs

Have you ever seen this effect? We're getting it on one of the computers running Firefox. Nobody else has the issue and it doesn't show up when the same computer runs Internet Explorer...

The effect comes whenever the .aspx page loads...it just keeps reloading and and displaying more of the list.

Any suggestions on this?
    Thanks, Adam

Fred
  •  08-05-2010, 9:59 PM 63150 in reply to 63143

Re: Repeating drop downs

This is a known issue, it has something to do with skype plugin, we have fixed it. There are two solutions to resolve it:
    1. Upgrade CuteEditor to latest version. 
        (Latest version download url:  http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/cute_editor_current_releases/entry21904.aspx)
    2. Let user disable skype plugin.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  08-05-2010, 11:19 PM 63152 in reply to 63150

Hey Eric

Thanks for the quick response. Dozens of our users have Skype and use FF, with no repeat problem. Is it a particular version of Skype, or maybe you can point me to the code that needs to be changed in the Cutesoft Editor? It would be an enormous job for us to update everyone to the latest version....

Anything you can point me to that will help me narrow down the isue will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Fred

•  08-06-2010, 7:51 AM 63171 in reply to 63152

You do not need update everyone to the latest version. You only need upgrade server side installation (one upgrade).  You can follow steps:

1. Backup your website
    3. Unizip the download package
    5. Switch and use the latest version
    6. Remove old version installation.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  08-06-2010, 10:54 AM 63187 in reply to 63171

Hi Eric,

We are licensed for distribution with our web-based product, so the editor is running on many different servers. Further, in order to integrate several functions in our solution, we have modified several of the javascripts of CuteSoft. Therefore, it is a large task for us.

Can you give me any ideas about where in the script you made changes that affect this particular issue? Or, when you say the "Skype plugin" are you talking about Skype itself, or a particular plugin that the user may have added in? If so, which one should we disable?

Thanks, Eric
    Fred
  •  08-08-2010, 7:04 PM 63239 in reply to 63171

Hey Eric

Any thoughts on my followup response? Can you identify the Skype add-in or the changes you might have made that fixed the problem? If you can point me to some details, I'd be grateful.

Thanks
    Fred
View as RSS news feed in XML