Live Support and MySQL

Last post 02-16-2011, 12:52 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-08-2011, 9:48 AM 66112

Live Support and MySQL

Hi all,

I've been led to believe that while not the preferred method, Live Support will now work with MySQL. I downloaded the latest release but when I try to run either the CuteLiveSupport.SQL or the Oracle_script_chat.sql, I get errors in the syntax.

Does anyone know where the scripts for MySQL would reside? If so, has anyone been able to modify the existing scrtipts to work with MySQL?

Thanks,
    Jon
  •  02-08-2011, 10:21 AM 66113 in reply to 66112

Re: Live Support and MySQL

I was able to modify the Oracle scripts to work in MySQL. Does anyone know what I need to do to the web.config to use MySQL instead MsSQL or Oracle?
  •  02-09-2011, 7:08 AM 66130 in reply to 66113

Dear ediguy,

The following are the installation steps:

1. Download Cute Live Support installation package, http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/current_releases/entry21855.aspx 
    2. Unzip this package, create one virtual directory and let it point to "Web" folder.
    3. Download Cute Chat and Web Messenger MySQL Database

It can be downloaded at
    http://CuteSoft.net/download/MySQL_CuteChat.zip.   

It contains the following files:

• MySqlDataProvider.cs
    • MySqlDataProvider.sql
    4. Execute MySqlDataProvider.sql against your MySQL Database.  You need open this database script in text edit tool, and then replace all "'" with "`", we will update this script file.
    5. MySqlDataProvider.cs should be deployed to your project. You can create folder "App_Code" and copy it to this folder
    6. Open global.asax,add the following method to this file:
    public override IAppDataProvider CreateDataProvider(AppPortal portal)
    {
    return new MySqlDataProvider(portal
    ,"Server=localhost;Database=CuteChat4;User ID=root;Password=root;charset=utf8;", "CuteChat4_");
    }

7. global.asax, it is based on SQL Server, you need update that script to MySQL
    8. Please make sure you are using the latest MySQL dll for ASP.NET. It can be downloaded from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

Thank you for asking

•  02-09-2011, 7:25 AM 66131 in reply to 66130

Hi Eric, does the web.config need to be updated in any way?
  •  02-09-2011, 7:44 AM 66132 in reply to 66131

Dear ediguy,

<add key="ConnectionString" value="Server=localhost;Database=CuteChat4;User ID=root;Password=root;charset=utf8;"/> , I added this line as the connection string, global.asax is based on sql server at present, it need to be updated to mysql support, this is the main task what you need do. After you finish this, it should work.

Thank you for your business
  •  02-16-2011, 12:52 PM 66253 in reply to 66132

After some extensive recoding, I was able to get LiveSupport running on MySQL
View as RSS news feed in XML