Control of table borders?

Last post 12-28-2005, 4:31 PM by rcroeder. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-01-2005, 8:14 PM 10086

Control of table borders?

Hi all

as all can see in the demo apps the table appears in style "dashed". With the "Visible Borders" button one can remove the borders all together.
    Is there a way to conrol the border of a table and make it "solid" ?
    When I enter "solid" in "HTML"-mode the code beautifier changes it back to "dashed"...

Thank for your help

Regards
    Olivier
  •  09-01-2005, 8:42 PM 10089 in reply to 10086

Re: Control of table borders?

There seems to be a bug in the table border function ... For some reason every now and then it automatically addss the dotted borders similar to the ones used as visual aid when you are editing the page. You CANNOT remove them from the editor's tool but have to go into the code itslef and remove the style tag in that table ...

It only happens sometimes, but it is quite annoying ...
  •  12-28-2005, 12:27 PM 14195 in reply to 10089

This i shappening to me too... If i switch from "normal" to "HTML" mode, it will translate the visual dashed lines around the tables in normal mode into actual html code.... i have to remove them every time i go into html mode...  (this is only happening in Firefox)
  •  12-28-2005, 4:31 PM 14203 in reply to 14195

When controling the appearance of tables with borders, I would suggest not playing around with changing the inline style, but rather to create a CSS style, either as a internal style or by referencing an external CSS. Place the class statement inside the table, tr or td where you need it. From what I can see, CuteEditor does not play around with class definitions. This in the long run will give you much more control of the look of your site.

RC
View as RSS news feed in XML