Javascript after upload?

Last post 07-27-2009, 9:31 PM by cutechat. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-27-2009, 7:24 PM 54318

Javascript after upload?

The post back which results from uploading or deleting an upload seems to ignore the initialization JavaScript code present on my page which is used to populate an HTML table from a Jquery call. Is there some sort of JavaScript event I can call after an upload is complete or a file is deleted to ensure my AJAX grids get reinitialized?

I read the Javascript API doc's and some other forum posts, it looks like CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnPostback() gets executed before the postback correct?
  •  07-27-2009, 8:33 PM 54319 in reply to 54318

Re: Javascript after upload?

Also,

I have a hidden asp.net control which gets written to via JavaScript and contains a JSON string of a collection of data. A user is given options and can add to the collection via client side events. If a user decides to upload a file after they have selected items for this collection, the data is no longer present.  Why is this data getting wiped after an AJAX upload control post back? If I do a simple btnClick event, the JSON is always available on the server side, but the upload component’s post back seems to clear the variable.  I can also get the value of the control from inside the  Uploader_FileUploaded event, but when the page reloads, it's blank.

•  07-27-2009, 9:31 PM 54322 in reply to 54318

Re: Javascript after upload?

Hi,

Which AJAX framework are you using ? Microsoft AJAX or other ?

Uploader do not fire client side event after the server side FileUploaded get executed.

Because the way to do the postback is various.

At server side you can register javascript output for the AJAX .

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML