AjaxUploader & Performance Testing Tool

Last post 11-02-2009, 9:01 AM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-29-2009, 5:16 AM 56767

AjaxUploader & Performance Testing Tool

Hello all,

We have an in-house built application which uses AjaxLoader to upload one or more files to the server. I am tasked with carrying out some Performance Tests, the tool that I using for this purpose is NeoLoad from Neotys. Unfortunately, I am having some problems getting the Tests to work with AjaxUploader.

The Performance Testing tool, NeoLoad, works by recording the communications between the web browser (IE / Firefox) and the Web Server, through a special proxy server. It does not record any action on the ClientSide specifically, e.g. javascript or UI activity.

The only way I can get NeoLoad to record the UpLoad action is to disable the SilverLight & Flash plugin so that it is forced to use the simple mechanism. That's not ideal but from a performance testing issue, at least we can stress the server during uploads. Unfortunately, I am not able to playback the recording successfully. The recording plays and gives no error, but the file does not actually get uploaded.
    When I looked at the logs and the parameters being passed back and forth between the Server & Client, I noticed that there were some  Hash numbers etc. Could this be the cause of the problem, are there some values which should be regenerated on each go, but is NeoLoad simply replaying the recorded value. Is there anyway that I can get the Performance Testing Tool to generate the correct values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

RG
  •  11-02-2009, 9:01 AM 56840 in reply to 56767

Re: AjaxUploader & Performance Testing Tool

RG,

I think it's not possible to record the http request sent by Flash/Silverlight unless your tool monitor all TCP connections.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML