Re: Width Dependent On Buttons?

•  06-30-2004, 4:26 PM

Re: Width Dependent On Buttons?

Thank you Adam,

Can you please verify my tentative conclusion: "Explicitly setting a custom button template (such as Template="bold") allows the Width property to affect the size of the entire control (and not just the text editing area)."

Your example works. However in my testing I found that the Width property value will effect the entire control regardless of the value of ShowBottomBar. What I found regarding ShowBottomBar is that setting it to false only serves to allow the Width to be reduced below the amount of space taken up by the content of the bottom bar.

An apparently important difference between your sample and my implementation is that you specify Template= while I specified AutoConfigure=. I modified your sample by removing Template="bold" and instead set AutoConfigure=[to anything other than "Default" or "Minimal"]. I found that the Width property will only affect the text editing area - while the width of the entire control is larger - enough to accommodate all the buttons appearing in their respective rows. When AutoConfigure="Default", then the Width will affect the entire control - and the buttons will get broken up into additional "rows of buttons" as needed in order to shrink the entire width.

So, what I need to know is if I can count on the Width being adjusted for the entire control whenever I set a custom button template. In other words - is it true for me to think that using one of the pre-defined button templates (per AutoConfigure=) other than "Default" is what causes the issue as originally described?

Thanks!

View Complete Thread