Re: IE 5.5 SP2 Failure Final Update...RE-VISITED 2006...

•  04-15-2006, 12:25 AM

Re: IE 5.5 SP2 Failure Final Update...RE-VISITED 2006...

Very interesting.  FYI This is a defence SOE.  The cute soft guys had the potentioal to get thier product into one of the biggest wide area networks in Australia.  I am appreciative at Aams help however frustrated at his failure to continually answer direct questions.  BTW 'I dont know' is a good enough answer, failure to address a question is insulting.  This problem has made my development look inapt and troublesome around very high ranking officers who have massive IT budgets.  Lucky for me we have so many other business systems in there working well, this is why we continue to be the prefered contractors.

The SOE is currently still running NT/lotus notes etc...(yes amazing)  Half of the network has rolled over to XP and outlook however the intended date of completion has not been identified yet.  Any systems we build (classic ASP) must comply with this customized version and of course IE 6.0 for those who already have XP boxes.  I have allot of client side code working in this environment, graphing .dlls - .ocx files and various other things that that work.  Adam has known the specific details of our environment for some time now.  he even knew the potential of getting it working for us.

Adam
    I would like a refund of our upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0 - I will keep a license for 4.0 however will be removing your product from the test area of the Defence Restricted network.  You told me v 5.0 would work for us, it doesnt therefore a refund is the best course of action IMO, wahts your thoughts on this?

Wind is your friend
View Complete Thread