Re: Firefox strangeness

•  01-08-2005, 8:29 PM

Re: Firefox strangeness

Adam,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the latest control, but it was the same as what I had. The dll and license are dated December 12. Of course, it made no difference.

I've been doing some detective work. It looked to me like the problem was probably in the javascript function named proceed. Here it is from my page:

function proceed(szHow,n) {
     var theform;
     if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1)
     {
     theform = document.forms["EventLab"];
     var temp,temp1;
     temp = GetElementByName2(theform,"ctlMain__ctl0__ctl0:gallery1:currentpage");
     temp1 = GetElementByName2(theform,"ctlMain__ctl0__ctl0:gallery1:current_slideshow");
     temp.value=n;
     temp1.value=szHow;
     }
     else
     {
     theform = document.EventLab;
     theform.ctlMain__ctl0__ctl0_gallery1_currentpage.value=n;
     theform.ctlMain__ctl0__ctl0_gallery1_current_slideshow.value=szHow;
     }
     if(szHow=="Slideshow")
     window.setTimeout("__doPostBack('ctlMain:_ctl0:_ctl0:gallery1','')", 3000);
     else
    __doPostBack('ctlMain:_ctl0:_ctl0:gallery1','')
     }

This function is generated by your dll, so I have no control over it. However, I copied it out and pasted it into my page and renamed it from proceed() to go(), then made a link to it in my page so I could run the code myself. The NavigateURL in the link is simply void(go('Slideshow', 1))" To see what was going on, I added alerts for the javascript variables that are declared in the function. What I found was that after assignment both temp and temp1 are null. It looks like something is going wrong inside GetElementByName2().

I have no way of getting inside GetElementByName2(), so that may be as far as I can debug it. I still have no idea why it works on your demo pages by not my site.

Dennis
View Complete Thread