Forbidden: You don't have permission to access Admin Console.

•  04-21-2008, 1:46 AM

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access Admin Console.

Hi there.

Hope you can help me. I've downloaded and installed the Integration package in order to integrate Chat with my current website.

I followed the instructions and added the following to my /global.asax file:

Public Overrides Sub Init()
            MyBase.Init()

If Not CuteChat.ChatSystem.HasStarted Then
                CuteChat.ChatProvider.Instance = New CuteChatMembership()
                CuteChat.ChatSystem.Start(New CuteChat.AppSystem())
            End If
        End Sub

I then implemeted my CuteChatMembership class in a vb file located in my App_Code folder. The gist of it is below:

Imports System.Configuration
    Imports System.Web
    Imports System.Web.Security
    Imports CuteChat

Public Class CuteChatMembership
        Inherits CuteChat.ChatProvider

Public Overrides Function GetConnectionString() As String
            Return ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("CuteChat").ConnectionString
        End Function

Public Overrides Function FindUserLoginName(ByVal nickName As String) As String
            Return HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name
        End Function

Public Overrides Function GetLogonIdentity() As AppChatIdentity
            'need to find the information of current user. Return null if user is anonymous.
            Dim thisUser As New LoggedInUser(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name)
            If thisUser.LoggedIn Then
                Return New AppChatIdentity(HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name, False, thisUser.AccountID, HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress)
            Else
                Return Nothing
            End If
        End Function

Public Overrides Function GetUserInfo(ByVal loginName As String, ByRef nickName As String, ByRef isAdmin As Boolean) As Boolean
            isAdmin = True
            nickName = loginName
            Return True
        End Function
        Public Overrides Function ValidateUser(ByVal loginName As String, ByVal password As String) As Boolean
            If System.Web.Security.Membership.ValidateUser(loginName, password) Then
                System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(loginName, False)
                Return True
            Else
                Return False
            End If
        End Function
    End Class

So as you can see, I'm making sure that every user has Admin access. Unfortunately, I get the following error when trying to go to /CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/ChatAdmin/ :
    Forbidden: You don't have permission to access Admin Console. Please login as admin.

I know that most of it is working, because I get redirected to /login.aspx if I haven't logged into the website first. However, that isAdmin variable seems to be not being set.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

View Complete Thread