Pasting Text

•  02-09-2005, 5:30 PM

Pasting Text

Hi All -

I am having a problem with being able to paste text in the asp editor.  I have tried the following scenarios in the online demo, the enableall.asp setup on my server, and on my own setup - they all have the same problem.

For example...I created some html in an external editor.  I copied the html code and went to the CuteSoft editor and pressed ctrl+v.  Nothing happened.  I tried clicking on each of the three paste buttons in the toolbar and I again got nothing pasted.  I also tried selecting some text that I typed in CuteSoft and pasting it, but nothing pastes.  At the same time, though, I have been able to copy the contents of a large Word file and paste that into CuteSoft with no problems.  So it seems like the only time something will paste is when it triggers that prompt for cleaning Word?
    I did eventually find two ways to get plain text to paste into CuteSoft, but they are both really bad options.  First, I happened to hold down ctrl+v out of frustration, and after about four seconds the text started pasting a bunch of copies until I let of the ctrl+v keys.  Second, sometimes after pasting content from Word, pasting other text will work.

I've looked through the available documentation and the only reference to pasting that I can find is for the editor property "AllowPasteHtml".  I have that set to true.  Are there other parameters that could affect how pasting of text works?

Thanks for the help!

-al
View Complete Thread