CuteEditor configuration - toolbar, context, and html toolbar.

•  07-14-2008, 8:02 AM

CuteEditor configuration - toolbar, context, and html toolbar.

Hi all.

Ive read all over the forums and the documentation for the answers that i need, and i just cant seem to make head nor tails of what im reading...hence this post.

I simply want to amend the standard toolbar, the toolbar in the html view, and the right click context menu...simple yes? NO! The documentation for this editor really needs to be updated to spell out logically exactly what is happening...because personally i have no idea.

I set the autoconfigure to simple....great, works a treat. I can go in and modify the toolbar to my hearts desire and all is updated perfectly.
    But then you try and amend the toolbar for inside the html view, or amend the context menu - nope. Nothing. CuteEditor no longer wants to play. Ive checked the forums over and over, and checked the documentation. It goes on about amending the 'codeviewtoolbars' xml tags inside the config file, yet this has ZERO effect. it also implies that the context menu can be amended from within the same .config file....yet searching about the forums it turns out that your supposed to amend the config thats in the subfolder 'contextmenus' (Not that this matters, because changing that has no effect either!).

Please can somebody clearly, and precisely, just explain how the configuration files are related, and which one is used to load what settings and when.

it seems that if you use the autoconfigure "simple" then amending the 2 configs  /autoconfigure/simple.config and /contextmenumode/simple.config should work...yet it clearly doesnt work for anything aside from the main toolbar - in which case where does it load the settings in from, and why isnt this stated in the documentation?

the same applies to when you try use your own config file using editor.ConfigurationPath="whatever" - it only seems to read back changes to the main toolbar.

This is an amazing product, but without the basics spelt out clearly i feel that it really hinders the products usefulness. I appreciate that with so much power comes increased complexity - but we as developers still need to know where abouts to look! :(

Any help would be gratefully received!
View Complete Thread