Body tag content between browsers

•  11-23-2008, 4:11 PM

Body tag content between browsers

With the editor set to edit whole document:-
    $editor->EditCompleteDocument=true;
    Adding a body style as:-

$editor->EditorBodyStyle="margin:0px;padding:0px;font:normal 12px arial;color:#6633ff;background:#ffffff;";

FIREFOX 3.0.4 creates a body tag of:-

<body style="margin: 0pt; padding: 3px; background: #ffffff none repeat scroll 0% 0%; font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -x-system-font: none; color: #6633ff; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">

IE 7.0.6001.18000 creates a body tag of:-

<body>

Whilst the view within the editor shows the body style applied the code created in IE does not include it.

Why is so much mozilla specific code added to the body tag in firefox?
    Why is nothing added to the body tag in IE?
    If the end user (In IE) then edits the document properties and changes the font color it does not take effect. The original color added to EditorBodyStyle overides this.
    Also in Firefox why is a diffault padding of 3px added even though it's been specified as 0px, my setting overridden?

This obviously does not create code that works on all browsers if the code created is displayed in an iframe afterwards because the style information is missing for IE.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to add to the config or is this a fault?

Thanks
    GT
View Complete Thread