Re: Problem installing

•  05-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Re: Problem installing

Hi Terry,

I'm using IIS (Win Vista). You see PR and then TestUploader because first I tried this in an already developed application. As it didn't work, I created a simple Site with just one of your examples, and called it TestUploader.

I'm using IIS 7 instead of VSWeb Server due to the fact that we're developing in a network. But anyway, there must be something very weird. I tried this in 2 Win Vista, using both IIS and VSWeb Server. Same issue:

Then I created everything again in a Win XP machine and there it works fine (IIS 6). The problem is that the XP machine is a MAC laptop that is running XP under Parallels (Virtual machine) and we cannot rely on it to develop, apart from changing everything to it.

This is what gives me:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestUploader\web.config line 38)

Source Error:

Line 36:       <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Line 37:       <!-- UploadModule is optional , for the property Uploader.ShowProgress -->
    Line 38:       <add name="CuteWebUI.UploadModule" type="CuteWebUI.UploadModule,CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader"/>
    Line 39:     </httpModules>
    Line 40:   </system.web>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TestUploader\web.config    Line: 38

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

Any idea?

Could it be possible for you to compile the DLL in a WinVista machine and send it to me? I read in some forums that this is what usually solves the problem.

I'm interested in your product, as far as I've seen up to now, it's powefull. It may happen that other Vista users have the same problem. As you know, Vista is quite a good environment to develop as it's cheap (OEM license) and allows multiple Websites at the same time. Besides, we only have an XP machine to test IE6 and Firefox 2 at the end of the development process.

Regards,
    F

Filed under:
View Complete Thread