Javascript Error After Upload

•  05-25-2009, 9:06 PM

Javascript Error After Upload

I'm getting the following error after uploading files on my dev box:  
    Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  

The error is coming up at the finally block in Sys.Net.XMLHttpExecutor = function Sys$Net$XMLHttpExecutor() in the MicrosoftAjax.debug.js file.

I wasn't getting this error when running Vista Home Premium (32bit) and now am on Windows 7 RC 1 (64bit).  I have the temp directory set, the files appear in the temp directory but I'm not getting as far as the FileUploaded event before the error hits.  It's happening reliably unfortunately.  My bet is that it's due to a permissions issue but nothing I've tried (impersonation, broadening the permissions for the temp directory, etc...) has worked.  Other pieces currently in use include jQuery 1.3.2, the jQuery cookie plugin, and the jQuery galleriffic plugin.  I'm coding in VS 2008 using c# against .NET 3.5.  Please forgive me if this is useless info, just trying to include anything I can think of that might be having an impact.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently stumped and hate the idea of dropping back to Vista over this one issue.  Thank you.

Adam Schmidt
View Complete Thread