Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

•  09-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

Hi there,

Everything is going well with the implementation of CuteEditor. I'm using a combination of an UpdatePanel and a TabContainer.

I'm now testing it in Safari and Chrome and it seems the editor freezes after a postback. I've seen some threads concerning the same issue, however I can't find a well working solution for my problem.

The structure of my page is like this:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true">
       </asp:ScriptManager>   
       <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
          <ContentTemplate>
             <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" CssClass="ajax__tab_technorati-theme" AutoPostBack="true">
                <cc1:TabPanel ID="tp1" runat="server">
                   <HeaderTemplate>
                      <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">Tab 1</span>
                   </HeaderTemplate>
                   <ContentTemplate>
                      <br />
                      Text over here
                      <br />
                   </ContentTemplate>
                </cc1:TabPanel>
                <cc1:TabPanel ID="tp2" runat="server">
                   <HeaderTemplate>
                      <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">Tab 2</span>
                   </HeaderTemplate>
                   <ContentTemplate>
                      <br />
                      <CE:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server" Height="400" Visible="false">
                      </CE:Editor>   
                      <br />
                   </ContentTemplate>
                 </cc1:TabPanel>
             </cc1:TabContainer>
           </ContentTemplate>
       </asp:UpdatePanel>

Since Safari and Chrome are widely used nowadays, I hope there is a solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jesse 
View Complete Thread