Re: Configuration of Editor for a folder/URL config

•  04-29-2011, 9:22 AM

Re: Configuration of Editor for a folder/URL config

Thanks Ken,

Couple of things (this is almost working perfectly). in a local environment I figured out a way with Cassini to create virtual directories, so I thought I would post that here for anyone who may need this:

Open a command prompt with "run as Administrator", navigate to your project directory and type mklink /D ATest c:\ATest - presto a virtual directory that windows, cassini and VS sees as a directory with read write access. (It even works with mapped drives)

So that solves 2-> totally in both environments, THANKS!

3. I kind of figured out that I need that setting... but where do I put my hook to make sure that the URL it places in content is www.myproductionwebsite.com/myMedia/file.png the site address is what I want to make sure I define that in the right place. I dont see where i can ensure that the production address is used and NOT the editor app. I hope that makes sense. I am hoping there is a property someplace I can say ContentURL=www.myproductionwebsite.com and then the image urls will be built correctly automatically for the user and will work when rendered on production site.
View Complete Thread