Trailing Commas? One for each save

Last post 05-13-2007, 4:49 PM by rcroeder. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-08-2007, 8:58 PM 29395

Trailing Commas? One for each save

I am still getting my feet wet with all of this and already I have made tremendous progress. Great product.

I am having on reoccuring issue. When I save the work it adds a comma at the end of the page. For each time I update, there is an additional comma. I can delete the existing ones, but still one always remains.

I tried to research it, but there just doesn't seem to be any comma anywhere in the code? All views look normal.

Here is a small sample of the html:

<div align="center"><b>Any Means Necessary - A Dedicated and Premiere Gaming Clan</b></div>
    <div align="center"><i>Founded by -aMn.Instinks- on July 7th, 2006.</i></div>
    <div align="center">&nbsp;</div>
    <div align="center">Any Means Necessary is a great group of friends and gamers. We have fun all the time and love everyone. You should definitely join us.</div>
    <div align="center">This page has not been completed yet. Look for a 'real' account here shortly.</div>
    , ,

Note that after the last div there are two commas? WHY?

Background Info: Site is hosted on 1and1.com and is ASP going into MS Access. Dreamweaver MX 2004 is the editor I am using. And I have the issue on more than one site.

Thanks for the help,
    Keith

Self praise is no recommendation
  •  05-13-2007, 4:49 PM 29602 in reply to 29395

Re: Trailing Commas? One for each save

Keith,

Simply if you ever get data back with commas at then, it is a sure sign that you have more than one form variable with the same name.

<form method='post'>
    <input name='ed' value='1'>
    <input name='ed' value='2'>
    </form>

will give back thru a request.form("ed") "1,2"

RC
View as RSS news feed in XML