an add-on for this website failed to run

Last post 04-18-2010, 11:20 PM by Kenneth. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-30-2010, 11:32 PM 59758

an add-on for this website failed to run

I got this error message prompt "an add-on for this website failed to run" from Internet Explorer 7 when I run the chat. Beside this I also got this error message "Anonymous Users are not allowed in this application. You must sign in this website first.".

I don't know why i got this error messages when I deploy to the server. In my local pc everything is working fine.
  •  03-31-2010, 9:19 AM 59774 in reply to 59758

Re: an add-on for this website failed to run

Dear chrislpt,

"Anonymous Users are not allowed in this application", it means you do not login to your website, you are using one anynymouse account.
    Please login to chat administration console panel, http://localhost/cutechat5.1/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/ChatAdmin/Edit_Lobbies.aspx, this is my computer login link.  You can select the chat room you signed to, and then select "Allow Anonymouse",  and then you can use anonymous chat.

I got this error message prompt "an add-on for this website failed to run" from Internet Explorer 7,  can you reproduce this issue in http://www.dotnetdate.com which is our online demo website?

Regards,
    Eric
  •  04-05-2010, 1:37 AM 59866 in reply to 59774

The IE prompt "an add-on for this website failed to run". Please find the error message in the print screen.

The server environment is using Windows 2008 and IIS7.

My local pc (WinXP and IIS5.5) and testing server (Win Server 2003 and IIS 5.5) are working fine but not the real server environment.

Do you know why?
  •  04-05-2010, 12:21 PM 59877 in reply to 59866

Dear chrislpt,

Please open IE window, and then click "Tools"==>"Manage Add-ons", when you disable all add-ons, can you reproduce this issue? If this issue will not happen, you can re-enable those disabled add-ons one after one , you will can find the exactly add-on which promote this issue.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  04-15-2010, 1:06 AM 60124 in reply to 59877

Hi Eric,

I have solved the add-ons problem but I still got this error "Anonymous Users are not allowed in this application. You must sign in this website first.". Previously you ask me to go to Edit_Lobbies.aspx page to allow the anonymous setting but that is the setting for the chat room. In my application I do not need to create any chat room for the users to chat. I just want them to chat with their contacts without login to any chat room. Could you please assist why this error happen? My local pc run everything well.

•  04-18-2010, 11:20 PM 60206 in reply to 60124

chrislpt:

Hi Eric,

I have solved the add-ons problem but I still got this error "Anonymous Users are not allowed in this application. You must sign in this website first.". Previously you ask me to go to Edit_Lobbies.aspx page to allow the anonymous setting but that is the setting for the chat room. In my application I do not need to create any chat room for the users to chat. I just want them to chat with their contacts without login to any chat room. Could you please assist why this error happen? My local pc run everything well.

Hi chrislpt,

Are you testing our demo? Or already integration wiht your site?

If testing our demo, please make sure your have already install database in your sql server and must login the site.

If already integration wiht your site, please make sure your done all stpes in the below link.

If you still get the problem, please set up ftp access for me and send the test url of your site ot me, I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Any another questions send email herer [email protected]

Regards,

ken
View as RSS news feed in XML