Content pasting from MS 2010 not pasting correctly

Last post 06-14-2011, 4:15 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-13-2011, 7:26 PM 67940

Content pasting from MS 2010 not pasting correctly

My client has just upgraded to MS Office 2010, and when copying in Paste as Plain text mode, the formatting is just going mad, it's still importing some of the styles and putting in all kinds of <br> tags, it's making a great deal of work for them trying to re-format the content. Has anyone else come across this issue?
  •  06-14-2011, 12:58 AM 67941 in reply to 67940

Re: Content pasting from MS 2010 not pasting correctly

Hi davooh1976,

Can you reproduce this issue on demo http://richtextbox.com/test/EditorOnPaste.aspx?

It the demo works for you. Please download the latest version and try again.

Latest version downloads http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

It still get the same issue with the latest version .Please send your test document (the 2010 word file) to [email protected].

I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

ken
  •  06-14-2011, 4:15 PM 67961 in reply to 67940

Re: Content pasting from MS 2010 not pasting correctly

I have also experienced this same issue with pasting from MS Office 2010.

The formatting looses all line breaks and bulletted lists are not formatted correctly. I have pasted an example below. This occurs on our install of version 6.6 as well as on the demo at http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx.

I have noticed that if I paste the text twice, once getting the formatting below and again with the text highlighted, all of the original formatting from Word is kept.

Ideas????

Example:

Data Import File Categories

There are five categories of data
    that can be imported into the Global Talent Solutions application. These are separated into distinct files,
    which can be processed independently.  They are:

·        
    Candidates

·        
    Resumes

·        
    Companies

·        
    Recruiters

·        
    Jobs

·        
    Visits

·        
    Notes

File
    Structure

Each file must consist of a
    header row with and an unlimited number of detail rows. The labels/names of the header row fields
    cannot be changed and the header row must be the only data on the first row. The header may contain customized fields and
    can be appended to the end of header row.

Tier Delimitation

Certain fields may contain
    “tiered” values. These values are
    delimited by a “greater than” character: >

For example, Job Function could
    be defined as: Accounting > Tax

This creates or maps to a tiered
    structure within GTS. There is no limit
    the number of tiers. However, it is
    recommended that there be a maximum of three.

Correct formatting: (pasted after pasting above.)
    --

1.1.             Data Import File Categories

There are five categories of data that can be imported into the Global Talent Solutions application.  These are separated into distinct files, which can be processed independently.  They are:

·         Candidates

·         Resumes

·         Companies

·         Recruiters

·         Jobs

·         Visits

·         Notes

1.2.              File Structure

Each file must consist of a header row with and an unlimited number of detail rows.  The labels/names of the header row fields cannot be changed and the header row must be the only data on the first row.  The header may contain customized fields and can be appended to the end of header row.

1.3.             Tier Delimitation

Certain fields may contain “tiered” values.  These values are delimited by a “greater than” character: >

For example, Job Function could be defined as: Accounting > Tax

This creates or maps to a tiered structure within GTS.  There is no limit the number of tiers.  However, it is recommended that there be a maximum of three.

View as RSS news feed in XML